How do I report a power outage?

Dawne Holz

While not common, electric outages do occur on the Mountainside. If your power goes out, first check to see if it’s just your house or includes your neighbors. Look outside at other homes to see if any lights are on. You can also post a question on the Google Group to ask if others have lost power.

Report it! Let Potomac Edison (subsidiary of First Energy) know that your power is out. Usually, the more owners that report the outage, the faster repairs are addressed.

  • Call the toll-free, 24-hour Outage Reporting Line at 888-544-4877, or
  • Report your outage online, or
  • Report your outage via text message. Text REG to 544487 (LIGHTS) to get started